Photometria Student Awards
Photometria International Photography Festival announces the 1st student portfolio photography competition, entitled “Student Awards” and dates from 1 to 30 June of 2021.
The purpose of this action is to support the educational community and in particular to highlight artistic creations of young photographers. Through the competition and the exhibition we hope to give an extra motivation to new ideas and photographic experimentation.
They can participate those who attend a photography school with a complete course of study (Universities, Colleges, IEK, etc) and have completed the 18th year of age. Participants are invited to fill in the required information in Greek and English, to validate their student identity, to send a portfolio of five (5) photos of free subject and a short text (form) that will describe the idea of their photo series, through WeTransfer to: email@example.com
Follow the steps:
1st: Fill in the word file, download here
2nd: Select 5 photos from your photo series
3rd: Send them all, via wetransfer.com to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation is free.
The selection of the top five (5) portfolios* will be made by the photographer Lila Zotou.
These five photo series will be the material of the exhibition “Student Awards” in the 13th Photometria International Photography Festival between September 25 and October 3, 2021, in a space that will be announced.
*Each of the five (5) portfolios should come from a different school, except in cases where this is not possible due to lack of different entries.
The results will be announced on August 1, 2021 on social media, while the winners will be also informed via e-mail.
The exhibition is curated and organized by Ioulia Ladogianni (Visual Artist – Photographer – Adult Educator) and Tassos Papadopoulos (Visual Artist – Photographer – Adult Educator).
The festival is responsible for the production of the prints of the selected photo series. The rest of the participants will be presented in the form of screenings.
– 1st Prize: Digital seminar for guidance – completion of a photo portfolio with Lila Zotou (Duration: 6 hours with the beginning of the new academic year)
– 2nd Prize: Educational program from IEK DELTA
– 3rd Prize: Educational program from FOCUS
– Participation is free. The applicants have the right to send only one portfolio of five (5) photos, not bigger than 500kb each (via WeTransfer).
– Photos must be original work of the participants and the organizer bears no responsibility for any copyright theft.
– Participants grant the right to the organizers to publish, display and print the photos, with the only condition that the photographer’s name will be mentioned. However, participants have no right to renumeration.
– The printed portfolios will be reserved at the archive of the festival which holds the right to manage them and re-exhibit them.
– Photometria International Photography Festival reserves the right to use the excelled pictures for the promotion of these exhibitions, as also at future promotional acts of the festival, with reference to the creator of the work.
– The copyrights of the photos belongs to the photographers.
– Participation in the contest implies automatically that the non-exact compliance with the terms of the competition (non-indication, inaccurate data, sending more than one photo, etc) leads to the exclusion from the contest.
– The decision of the Judge shall be final and no objection or any other claim is acceptable.
– If your portfolio is selected to the top 5, you will be asked for your original files in a high resolution for printing.
– By entering the competition, you agree to your information by email to the actions of Photometria Festival.
Participation in the contest implies full acceptance of the above terms and no claims can be made against the organizing authority.