The 6 participants of the HOME project they worked with the renown Belgian visual storyteller Jan Rosseel were:
Eva Voutsaki (GR)
Dimitris Rapakousis (GR)
Korhan Karaoysal (TR)
Lila Zotou (GR)
Neslihan Koyuncu (TR)
Selen Tugrul (TR)
HOME is an art project featuring lens-based artists.
Turks and Greeks used to live peacefully together and through the project we intend to rediscover this missing link, to connect with an ‘unknown’ but so known place and its people, its culture so near and yet so far, through a project that will be a source of inspiration for the involved communities.
The project focuses on the forced migration/population exchanges that happened between Turkey and Greece and intends to express the memory of this experience through artistic expression, footage, archive research and personal stories.
Lens based artists are invited to reflect on the idea of HOME and find (or not) a home in where they are living. The idea of home is open to interpretation: home as memory home as feeling; home as a common tradition, gesture, language, mentality.
– The project is open to all artists who are either citizens of Greece and Turkey or who are of Greek or Turkish origin.
– The jury will select six artists (three from Turkey, three from Greece) who are willing to work on the concept of Home.
– Selected artists will participate in two workshops that will be led by visual storyteller and documentary photographer Jan Rosseel (janrosseel.com):
Visual Storytelling workshop in Ioannina, Greece, duration of 5 days, between: 5-10th of February 2016.
Editing the work and Photobook workshop in Ankara, Turkey, duration of 5 days, dates: 21th-26th of April 2016
– The final artworks of the artists will be shared in the form of a Photobook and also with 2 exhibitions (one to be in Ioannina, Greece and one to be in Ankara, Turkey).
– The organizations cover accommodation and sustenance costs in Ioannina and Ankara, workshop costs, printing and exhibition costs, publication costs. Participants are kindly asked to cover all their own art production expenses, transportation expenses (and the expenses that may arise regarding their travels: like visa and passport procedures etc.)
– Nazl? Deniz Oguz and Photini Papahatzi, ‘HOME’ curators and project leaders, will be mentoring the selected participants and will help them to apply for grants to cover costs of transportation if needed.
Entefxis and Ka Photography Enhancement Atelier can use all the artistic en products for their own purposes, but always in previous consultation and in agreement with the participating artists. Copyright on the artistic end products remains with the artists.
Exhibition prints regarding the project Home won’t be returned to the artists. On the other hand Entefxis and Ka Photography Enhancement Atelier are not allowed to use exhibition prints for commercial purposes or print new editions of the artistic end products after the project. Entefxis and Ka Photography Enhancement Atelier can use all the exhibition prints for their own purposes, but with no commercial purposes and always in previous consultation and in agreement with the participating artists.
More information about TANDEM: